We aim to have 200 strongly motivated participants in this event, who are subject to a selection process.
- Undergraduate and graduate students with strong interest in machine learning;
- Industry practitioners in relevant roles who are interested in data science and other machine learning applications;
- Academics from related fields who are interested in machine learning and its applications; and
- ICT government representatives seeking a deeper understanding of these subjects.
No deep previous knowledge of machine learning is required, but the participants are assumed to have at least some basic background on probabilities and programming.
Why Should I Apply To SEA MLS?
- Networking opportunity. The SEA MLS offers an exceptional networking opportunity to meet like-minded individuals who share your passion for machine learning, data science, and artificial intelligence, both from within and beyond Southeast Asia.
- Learn and engage from the top experts in the field. The SEA MLS offers an invaluable chance to learn directly from the best experts in the field, both from academia and industry research labs. In the event, you will have the opportunity to talk and engage in person with our invited speakers.
- Meet our valued sponsors. The SEA MLS is very fortunate to be supported by the top machine learning and data science companies in Southeast Asia and beyond.
- Panel and practical sessions. The SEA MLS not only includes technical lectures about basic and more advanced topics in machine learning, but also panel sessions about machine learning in Southeast Asia, success and failure stories in machine learning, etc. Furthermore, the SEA MLS will feature a practical session where participants have the chance to learn how to implement deep learning models in a modern software stack.
- Registration is free-of-charge for all current students enrolled in tertiary education (e.g. university or polytechnic).
- Registration fee for all other participants is US $200.
- The registration fee covers:
- Access to all lectures, panels, and practical sessions, along with social events.
- Lunch and two coffee breaks per day.
- We will have a number of travel assistance available for accepted student participants to help with travel expenses to Jakarta. Please indicate on the application form if you would like to be considered for this, which will cover transportation costs (including airplane tickets when applicable, up to a certain amount) and accommodation costs. Please see more details on our FAQ page.
Citizens of 169 countries, including all Southeast Asian countries, can enter Indonesia without a visa for 30 days. More information is available here. We advise participants to double check closer to the date in order to find the most up-to-date information.